Summer Intern Program
Peco Foods, Inc. periodically provides internship opportunities for students. This Summer Intern Program will introduce you to our company, our process, and our industry.
Assignment of interns:
- Interns will be assigned to a Peco Foods, facility where they will receive hands on training in all aspects of live production and processing.
- Live Production to include Pullets, Hens, Broilers, Hatchery, Feed Mill, and Live Haul
- Processing to include Live receiving, Kill, Picking, Evisceration, Debone, Cut-up, 2nd Processing, IF, Marination, Further Processing, Par Fry, Shipping, Sanitation and Quality Assurance.
- Interns will receive constant feed-back on performance during assignments and a written performance review upon completion of internship (We believe performance feed-back must be ongoing in order to fully develop your full potential.
- Interns are required to work in all assigned areas of the company
- Interns are required to work all assigned shifts
- Job assignments require physical labor such as lifting boxes, standing and walking for extended periods of the work day, shoveling ice, hanging live birds, and other duties as assigned
- Work closely with a supervisor to ensure success
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited college or university
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior who has demonstrated or expressed an interest in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Food Science, Agribusiness
- Strong academic standing
- Must display leadership, initiative and high ethical and moral standards
- Successful interview and acceptance by Human Resources and the relevant facility manager
- Good communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Strong Computer skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Competitive hourly pay rate of $16 per hour
- Housing accommodations (if needed)
- Opportunity to advance to full-time employment after graduation.
- Opportunity to gain real-world work experience