Peco is searching for a Water Treatment / Waste Water Operator at our live operations plant in Pocahontas, AR.
Maintains and executes required programs to ensure the ongoing compliance to all local, State, and Federal regulations pertaining to the Pocahontas, Arkansas water treatment / waste water operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs job functions for maintaining a safe and functional water treatment facility providing potable water to the processing facility for human consumption and food processing.
- Performs job functions for maintaining a safe and functional wastewater operation that complies with all local, State, and Federal regulations pertaining to direct wastewater discharge.
- Maintain site grounds.
- Assist in any inspections from compliance offices or regulatory personnel.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Performs field sampling & analysis to meet permit discharge criteria (i.e., determine pH, alkalinity, acidity, sulfates, dissolved solids on wastewater streams utilizing handheld, wet chemistry, scales, measuring devices, spectrophotometers, & drying ovens).
- Collects accurate daily readings/data & records/maintains in daily log.
- Orders & keeps an adequate stock of any & all items needed to keep the treatment systems operational.
- Perform other duties, various special tasks, & special projects as assigned.
- Know & comply with all written Corporate safety & plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Identify & report any suspicious or abnormal situation to the plant manager. Abnormal situations would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in industrial and/or wastewater and water treatment systems operations & maintenance preferred.
- Applicable industrial licenses preferred.
- Technical competence required in industrial and/or wastewater treatment systems operations & maintenance.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to stand & walk for long periods of time.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis, up to 70#.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, & climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.