Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Warehouse Supervisor at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Warehouse Supervisor position is responsible for direct supervision of warehouse and shipping staff as well as ensuring accurate processing of inbound and outbound shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, direct, and guide shipping and warehouse activities of the assigned shift.
- Comply with all policies of the company.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventories throughout the warehouse and be able to use all associated tools and technology including but not limited to: computers, tablets, scan guns, etc.
- Be able to operate all powered equipment in the area including but not limited to; forklift, pallet jacks, etc.
- Training and development of all team members.
- Performance and disciplinary action management.
- Employee relations responsibilities partnering with Human Resources.
- Safety- incident reporting, accident investigations, etc.
- Responsible for daily and weekly paperwork including but not limited to: shipping reports, payroll, attendance, and vacation requests.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official where product tampering/adulteration could be taking place or any action that could put product wholesomeness at stake.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 Years of leadership experience in a high-volume warehouse setting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully in a fact paced environment.
- Able to multitask, self-starter, and motivated for change and improvement.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Superior teamwork and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of computers and related software.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule across all shifts (overtime and irregular hours may be required at times based on production schedules and staffing needs.
- Ability to travel to other facilities (infrequently).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working regularly within a manufacturing environment with moving machinery that is wet, noisy, and with extreme temperature changes.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility up to 100% of the shift including but not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, and stooping.
- Lifting various weights up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS