Peco Foods is searching for a Shipping Supervisor on night shift for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
This position will manage the team and process in the Shipping Department. The shift is night shift Thursday-Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervisor of assigned line shipping staff (approximately 20 team members).
- Verify daily & weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department as assigned.
- Responsible for daily & weekly paperwork such as but not limited to: attendance; vacation requests; disciplinary action; shipping & receiving records.
- Be familiar with, certified, & able to operate the mobile equipment in the Shipping Department.
- Monitor outgoing pictures of loaded trucks to ensure that customers receive the best-looking product we can possibly send out.
- Comply with all written corporate safety & plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene & cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specifications for packaging & labeling of products.
- Identify & report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situation would be: product tampering; willful product adulteration; unauthorized employees in restricted areas; situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring; equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years leadership experience, preferably in a supervisory role in a Shipping/Receiving operation.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task & set priorities.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative & effective problem-solving skills, & basic knowledge of computers & related software.
- Embody the Peco Values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, & Honesty.
- Be dependable.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, & climb steps.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.