Peco Foods is searching for a Shipping Supervisor for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas for the Night shift – Thursday through Saturday.
- Direct supervisor of assigned line shipping staff (approximately 20).
- Verify daily & weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department as assigned.
- Responsible for daily and weekly paperwork such as but not limited to: attendance; vacation requests; disciplinary action; shipping and receiving records.
- Be familiar with and able to operate the mobile equipment in the Shipping Department.
- Monitor outgoing pictures of loaded trucks to ensure that customers receive the best looking product we can possibly send out.
- Comply with all written corporate safety and plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specification for packaging and labeling of products.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- 1-3 years leadership experience, preferably in a supervisory role in a Shipping/Receiving operation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative & effective problem-solving skills, and basic knowledge of computers & related software.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidate’s work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to be do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.