Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to fill a Shipping/Warehouse General position at our plant in West Point, MS.
Operations of Reach trucks and Forklifts and other industrial lifts to move items within the facility and load/unload trucks. Both Freezer and Dock require stacking of boxes to make partial pallets, or to make partials full.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Operate powered & hand-operated industrial lift trucks safely to move items throughout the facility & to load/unload trucks.
- Stack boxes of product, and move items inside the facility.
- Must be able to operate EVS system.
- Physically inspects all packaging for condition and proper labeling.
- Maintain freezer inventory.
- Take ownership to ensure that the department, cooler, freezer, & dock areas are clean, organized efficiently, & within safety & GMP guidelines.
- Work as a team to meet production needs.
- Comply with written plant policies and procedures.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management official such as product tampering, unauthorized employees in restricted area, and equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Must exhibit the Peco-Pocahontas values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, and Honesty.
- Must be dependable. Number of current occurrences: ______ *No more than 3.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand 100% of the work day.
- Gripping and repetitive use of hands.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
West Point, MS