Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Shift Manager at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Shift Manager is responsible for meeting company goals and managing the overall production operations of the shift assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete special organizational projects on an as needed basis.
- Manage the shift towards driving company goals.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to attain best cost.
- Training and development of production supervisors and their direct reports.
- Employee relations responsibilities partnering with Human Resources.
- Safety- incident reporting, accident investigations, etc.
- Responsible for daily and weekly paperwork including but not limited to: production reports, payroll, attendance, and vacation requests.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official where product tampering/adulteration could be taking place or any action that could put product wholesomeness at stake.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting preferably within the poultry industry. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, animal science, or operations preferred.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize issues and assign appropriate resources for resolution.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be an innovative self-starter and open to new ideas.
- High level of organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Superior teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working regularly within a manufacturing environment with moving machinery that is wet, noisy, and with extreme temperature changes.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility up to 100% of the shift including but not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, and stooping.
- Lifting various weights up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS