Peco is seeking a Sanitation Supervisor for our processing plant in Bay Springs, Mississippi.
Overall plant supervision of the sanitation department which sanitizes all plant areas to prepare for processing as mandated by Company & USDA.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Has overall responsibility for cleaning of Poultry Plant to Company & USDA standards; trouble shoot any problems or unusual situations.
- Evaluate performance of personnel and equipment; monitor and assign work area responsibilities.
- Maintains or reduces operating costs.
- Enforces safety rules; identifies and corrects safety hazards. Holds safety meetings with employees. Trains employees in safe job procedures. Investigates accidents and takes corrective action to prevent reoccurrences.
- Must be knowledgeable of all chemicals and review/update MSDS’s in accordance with hazard communications programs. Monitor chemical levels and the distribution process of the chemicals. Order as needed.
- Trains new hires in chemical management. Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Lead & hourly employees assigned to sanitation.
- Duties performed within applicable policies and procedures subject to consultation on own initiative with superiors. Has disciplinary control responsibilities.
- Must have strong leadership skills, reporting skills, both written and verbal, basic computer skills, must be able to analyze problems and make intelligent decisions based on production standards, company and USDA policies.
- One to five years experience in a supervisory position.
- One to two years as an Sanitation Supervisor.
- Good communication skills.
- Some background of USDA standards required.
- High school diploma with some chemistry background helpful.
- Prefer college degree.
- Must be able to work in a cold (60 degrees and below) damp environment.
- Lifting of up to 75 pounds.
- Must be capable of going to any area of the plant.
Bay Springs, MS