Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Research and Development Team Member at our facility in Tuscaloosa, AL.
General Role and Responsibility as listed in this job description include:
- Be able to learn and integrate into new systems relatively quickly.
- Be able to work directly with the internal team, cross functional teams, and customer team.
- Be willing and able to work with and eat animal protein in its cooked state.
- Create prototypes, and repeatable samples.
- Maintains a safe and professional kitchen environment.
- Attend and contribute to meetings as needed.
- Develop and manage timelines for projects.
- Develop working interactions with Key customers on Peco Foods’ behalf in both oral and written form.
- Capable of interacting with diverse backgrounds of people on a routine basis. Job will have potential interactions with Customers, Distribution, Product Development as well as Regulatory and Corporate structures.
- Travel of various nature. This may require weekend travel at times. Potential for approximately 20% of normal business year outside of office setting.
Education and Experience Needs:
- Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Culinary Science, or related field.
- Must be comfortable working in a refrigerated production atmosphere or heated warehouse.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Self-Motivated and Driven work ethic. Job will be highly self-ran based on needs and trends at the time.
- Proficient in usage of technology to include computer-based systems to drive daily functions and efficiencies.
- Able to lift (40-50 lbs.) and work on feet for continued periods of time.
- Ability to learn through doing.
- Restaurant or understanding of fast paced kitchen settings preferred.
The job duties contained herein are not to be considered an exhaustive list. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Team Members Manager as needed.