Peco Foods is searching for Quality Assurance Technicians for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas for the Evening shift.
- Able to effectively navigate the usage of quality tools and equipment; scales, calipers, thermometers, and Sightline and Infinity.
- Promotes good manufacturing practices & HACCP compliance.
- Demonstrate control of assigned department; monitor in process product, environmental evaluations, and real-time determination for food safety and quality.
- Performs testing; records checks; able to make decisions based off data and conditions for food safety assurance.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of production flow; production codes, size limits, and label attributes.
- Effectively conduct a pre-operational inspection; lock out/tag out with verification, equipment disposition, and efficiently communicate with support teams (Sanitation, Maintenance, and Production).
- Follows the written specifications for packaging and labeling of products.
- Positive communicator and able to effectively resolve issues.
- Comply with all written corporate safety and plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Learn and exhibit the Peco-Pocahontas values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, and Honesty.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Working in a warm/wet/damp environment and/or a cold room temperature environment.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- Able to grip and use hands repetitively.
- Able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
This is an hourly position. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to be do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.