Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician on 2nd shift at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring product is being produced and is meeting customer expectations and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) monitor/verifier as well as monitoring other processes including but not limited to: Preop/SSOP, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food security, fat analysis, metal detection, bag seal.
- Responsible for product evaluation, thermometer verifications and calibrations, label verification and film stamp.
- Responsible for daily record keeping.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official where product tampering/adulteration could be taking place or any action that could put product wholesomeness at stake.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Superior teamwork and communication skills and a can do attitude is essential.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working regularly within a manufacturing environment with moving machinery that is wet, noisy, and with extreme temperature changes.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility up to 100% of the shift including but not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, and stooping.
- Lifting various weights up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS