Peco Foods is searching for a Quality Assurance Supervisor for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
- Direct supervisor of assigned QA Technicians, as well as assisting them in technical & professional development.
- Promotes good manufacturing practices & HACCP compliance.
- Performs testing; promotes continuous improvement; widely uses SPC method in evaluation of results.
- Performs all supervisory duties including but not limited to: assisting the QA Manager in recruiting, hiring, educating, motivating, & evaluating QA Technicians.
- Assists technicians in assorted projects beyond routine tests, including but not limited to: research product development, consultation visits to plant facilities, continuing education courses, perform special test/reports, and attending meetings.
- Comply with all written corporate safety and plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specification for packaging and labeling of products.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Working in a warm/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- 1-3 years leadership experience, preferably in a supervisory role in the poultry industry with lab experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative & effective problem-solving skills, and basic knowledge of computers & related software
- BS degree in Biological Sciences, Food Technology, Poultry Sciences, or closely related field preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
This is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidate’s work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to be do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.