Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking an Quality Assurance Supervisor for our further processing plant in Canton, MS on Night Shift.
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for leading the Quality Control Department and ensuring quality product is being produced.
Essential Functions of Position:
(these functions are critical/fundamental to the job; some of the bullets may need to be moved to the nonessential functions bullet or deleted)
- Primary Duties: HACCP Monitor/Verifier and monitor of the following processes: Preop/SSOP, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food Security, bone analysis, fat analysis, parts wash, metal detection, bag seal. Duties also include product evaluation, thermometer verifications and calibrations, label accuracy, yield testing.
- Other Duties: Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management official including but not limited to: Product tampering, willful product adulteration, unauthorized employees in restricted areas, situations where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring, equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Physical Demands: Includes moving throughout production floor. Demands include but are not limited to: standing up to 100% of the shift, climbing, bending, stooping and lifting up to 40lbs.
- Work Environment: Typically, wet and cold with temperatures less than 55 degrees F. Environment is noisy. Hearing protection is required.
- Position Type and Hours: Full time. Shifts are typically 8 hours but may be longer depending on production schedules and staffing.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Travel: less than 10%
- Nonessential Functions: Responsible for following all policies and procedure specified by the Company as well as the facility.
Qualifications for Position:
- 5 years’ experience in Shipping
- Bi-lingual speaking skills (English and Spanish)
- College degree preferred
- Experience in fast pace environment
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This is a salaried position and starting salary is based on the candidates work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate that is looking for career advancement. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserved the right to modify this job without prior notice.