Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor for our processing plant in Canton, MS.
Supervises QA Technicians. Performs, records, and reports test results standards for all requested tests in all company areas. Assists poultry plants in assuring microbiological quality.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Performs microbiological and other quality assurance tests.
- Assures accuracy of testing with quality assurance lab checks and known standard comparisons.
- Promotes good manufacturing practices and HACCP compliance
- Assists QA technician in contacting, performing test for and reporting of results to outside lab clients and USDA (towards gaining USDA Recognized Status).
- Widely uses SPC method in evaluation of results.
- Performs tests according to standards, which include but not limit to pathogen identification, bacterial quantification, sample collection, fat rancidity tests and shelf-life studies.
- Assists lab technician and QA Manager in developing microbiological standards and determine causes and corrective actions for deviations from standards.
- Performs all supervisory duties including assiting the QA Manager in recruiting, hiring, educating, motivating, and evaulating QA technicians.
- Assists in response to customer complains regarding microbiological weaknesses.
- Assists lab manager in developing an efficient lab budge.
- Substitutes for absences of technicians when necessary in order to complete priority projects
- Assist technicians in assorted projects beyond routine tests, including but not limited to: research product development, consultation visits to plant facilities, continuing education courses, plan personnel education programs, performing special tests/reports, and attending meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assigns and directs work of QA technicians. Recommends hiring and firing authority; reviews performance. Receives infrequent instructions and works independently. Refers non-routine situations to manager.
- One to three years experience in microbioloy lab.
- Quality assurance experience in poultry processing plant preferred.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative and effective problem solving skills, basic knowledge of computers and related software.
BS degree in Biological Sciences, Food Technology, Poultry Sciences or closely related field.
- Must be able to life 40 pounds, work under pressure, sand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be bale to make an independent judgment in routine tests.
- Tests often require exposure to cold and damp environments.