Peco is searching for a Quality Assurance Superintendent at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Quality Assurance Superintendent is responsible for Supervising the QA Supervisor and ensuring product being produced is meeting customer expectations and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with key Plant teams within the operation to establish product consistency and consistent process controls.
- Help to establish reports and score cards for product quality and Food safety concerns for facility.
- Assist in the development and implementation of audit ready standards for all internal and external audits.
- Work with establishment USDA to maintain regulatory standards compliant to all portions of 9 CFR requirements.
- Conduct routine training and development of plant staff ensuring understanding and compliance to customer requirements, regulatory compliance and Peco centered goals.
- Assist in managing and reviewing customer complaints on a continual basis looking for trends that should align with tasks.
- Work weekly with members of the Operational and QA management team on issue resolution and Continuous Improvement using “real” feedback and data to drive process improvement programs and facilitate desired product outcomes.
Additional Role and Responsibilities:
- Training in regulatory inspection standards. Corelating with USDA.
- Review of HACCP programs internally.
- Routine review labels, specifications, and product compliance requirements.
- Implement and enforce the quality programs established by local and corporate teams.
- Develop, advise, and participate in plants FMEA task force team to develop best practices for facility to control potential FM hazards.
- Routine system and paperwork reviews for compliance, trend indicators, and over process control.
- Liaison with corporate and senior plant management in absence of FSQA Manager.
Standard Expectations to accomplish Job Tasks:
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Capable of interacting with diverse backgrounds of people on a routine basis.
- Able to interact with Key customers on Peco Foods’ behalf in both oral and written form.
- Self-Motivated and Driven work ethic. Job will be highly self-ran based on needs and trends at the time.
- Proficient in usage of technology to drive daily functions.
- Travel of various nature. This may require weekend travel at times.
- Proficient in use of computer systems for daily job duties.
- Basic understanding of different backgrounds within the industry. Job will have potential interactions with Customers, Distribution, Product Development as well as Regulatory and Corporate structures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working regularly within a manufacturing environment with moving machinery that is wet, noisy, and with extreme temperature changes.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility up to 100% of the shift including but not limited to: standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, and stooping.
- Lifting various weights up to 50 lbs. on an as needed basis.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
West Point, MS