Peco Foods is searching for a Purchasing Admin for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
Perform various administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Must be able to execute administrative duties assigned by supervisor including but not limited to: placing new orders; working with vendors on delayed orders; organizing purchasing orders; processing purchase orders; answering phones and other assigned responsibilities and projects.
- Log new POs into the purchasing log.
- Match packing slips with open POs for Accounts Payable processing.
- Log closed POs in the purchasing log.
- Inventory office supplies.
- Track delayed packages.
- Process department purchasing requisitions.
- File closed POs.
- Match COAs to Breading POs.
- Assist with mock recalls.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members, supervisors, managers, and visitors.
- Must be able to work efficiently despite frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must proactively seek the opportunity to help fellow team members, as well as opportunities to improve processes.
- Must embody the Peco-Pocahontas values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, and Honesty.
- Must be dependable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of the work day at a computer.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills with emphasis on Excel.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The Company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.