Peco Foods is searching for a Production Supervisor for the further processing plant in Brooksville, MS.
- Direct supervisor of a production department with approximately 50 employees.
- Responsible for daily and weekly paperwork such as but not limited to: attendance, vacation requests, payroll, yield and production reporting.
- Ensure that product is produced is of the highest levels of standard and quality. Physically inspect products for both naturally occurring and processing defects.
- Ensure accurate written specifications for packaging and labeling of products.
- Identify and report suspicious situations to upper plant management including but not limited to: product tampering, willful product adulteration, equipment malfunctions that put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Working in wet environment with a wide range of temperature ranges.
- Standing and walking up to 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years of experience in a supervisory/management role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Must be able to work flexible hours and any shift required
- 3-5 years of experience in poultry processing operations
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory/management role
- Previous deboning experience
- College degree preferred
- Be able to demonstrate successful skills in management and supervision, writing and communication, creative and effective problem solving, and basic knowledge of computers and related software.
This is a salaried position and starting salary is based on the candidates work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate that is looking for career advancement. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserved the right to modify this job without prior notice.