Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Production Superintendent at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Superintendent will have oversight of a processing area or areas, and will report to the Shift Manager. The Operations Superintendent will be responsible for leading a team of Supervisors to achieve optimal plant performance while ensuring professional development of a highly engaged team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure plant safety through compliance with safety standards as issued by company safety leadership teams.
- Achieve compliance for product quality, food safety, and food defense as issued by the QA Department while maintaining overall plant efficiency.
- Plans the work of the plant by coordinating with the shift manager and plant manager. Coordinates those requirements with the appropriate supervisors.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, or the quality system and recommend or provide solutions to correct any deficiencies.
- Conducts a weekly production meeting with supervisors to review and improve yields and processing efficiencies.
- Participates in disciplinary warning proceedings when necessary.
- Control portioning and the reduction of nonconforming products until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Supplement, track, and be held accountable to all applicable KPIs through SPC and other methods of reporting.
- Partner with QA for compliance of food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance of plant.
- Foster an environment that embraces continuous process and safety improvement of the facility, processes and personnel.
- Strive for a well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Implement short- and long-term production goals for the facility and be accountable for the planning and execution of all products.
- Responsible to specification compliance of all WIP issued to the cooler.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-5 years proven leadership in portioning experience required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems, including BOMs, routings, capacity, work orders, inventory control, and shop floor control.
- Knowledge of GMPs, SPC, HACCP, OSHA, and USDA regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Management, or relative industry experience.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and process management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and thorough desire for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.