Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Plant Accountant at our Feather Lane processing plant in Canton, Mississippi.
Manage the clerical and administrative functions and directly supervise the clerical employees of the accounting department at the assigned facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Processing salary and clerical payroll for the assigned facility and coordinate with staff accountant.
- Inventory Control
- Manage all inventory levels and record changes.
- Reconciliation of inventory.
- Works with departments on physical inventory counts and any adjustments.
- Accounts Payable
- Answer any questions or concerns regarding A/P and inventories.
- Assist with all monthly entries for A/P, payroll and inventories and coordinate with Staff Accountant.
- 3-C reporting and product costing
- Run and review processes.
- Analyze errors and make corrections.
- Data entry for reports.
- Customer cost reporting.
- Other Duties
- Complete special projects as needed by Department Managers.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Plant Manager and Corporate Accounting Manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in accounting required cost accounting a plus.
- Strong computer skills with experience in word, excel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer through out the designated shift and move throughout the facility as needed.
- Working in an office environment with normal temperature ranges.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.