Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking an Operations Supervisor at our plant in West Point, MS.
This position is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of the designated department including managing production processes and assigned employees.
Essential Functions of Position:
(these functions are critical/fundamental to the job; some of the bullets may need to be moved to the nonessential functions bullet or deleted)
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures with regards to safety, quality assurance, and all plant specific procedures and rules.
- Physically inspect products for naturally occurring defects and processing defects.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management. Situations include but are not limited to product tampering, unauthorized employees in restricted areas, equipment malfunction, and any other situation that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Responsible for all departmental paperwork and reporting including but not limited to: production reports, absentee and payroll, vacation requests, and disciplinary actions.
- Know and understand specifications and/or requirements for each product.
- Become familiar and maintain compliance with all applicable departmental and facility job hazard analysis (JHA) and job safety analysis (JSA).
- Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and non-management employees.
- Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of management in food manufacturing preferred.
- Background in poultry manufacturing preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP, food safety and security preferred.
- Competent using computers and programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to move (bending, stooping, climbing steps) within the department and stand up to 100% of the scheduled shift.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the Company as well as any that may be facility specific.
- Work Environment:
- Manufacturing environment with extreme temperature changes.
- Position Type and Hours:
- Full time. Hours are dictated by the Company based on production and staffing needs and may be modified at any time. Regular attendance is expected and required and employees must adhere to the Company attendance policy.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervision of all employees assigned within the department(s).
- Less than 10%. Occasional overnight travel could be required for training purposes.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidates work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
West Point, MS