Peco is searching for a Medical Technician for our Feather Lane processing plant in Canton, Mississippi.
The Medical Technician will report to the EHS Manager and will assist in maintaining the Plant's safety programs and improving overall workforce safety awareness. This is a people centric position that will have continuous daily contact with Team Members as well as members of management to provide care and assist in wellness programs.
Essential Functions of Position
- Maintain all Team Member health records, such as hearing results, fit testing, pulmonary function testing and injury reports as required by local, state and federal regulations
- Assist in performing drug and alcohol testing as required by Peco policies
- Provide assistance to team members that may have sustained work-related injuries by evaluating severity of injury and administering first aid measures as appropriate
- Assist in reporting workers’ compensation injuries and illnesses to Peco’s third party administrator
- Act as liaison between injured team members, doctors’ offices and third-party administrators
- Accompany injured team members to doctors’ appointments when necessary
- Assist in coordination of compliance with workplace health policies and procedures by assisting in scheduling hearing vans, fit testing, pulmonary function testing, etc.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Walk inside and outside of the facility often.
- Required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, twist and walk for long periods of time
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to withstand hot, cold and wet environments
- Position Type and Hours:
- Regular work-site attendance;
- Full-time position
- Off-shift and could at times include weekend work
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
Qualifications for Position
- Skills and Abilities:
- High level of organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Effectively able to Strong multi-task and prioritize work accordingly
- Effective ability to manage conflict
- Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Urine Drug Test Required
- Basic Computer Skills
- Bilingual or conversational Spanish preferred
- Minimum Education and Experience:
- Degree or certifications in nursing, EMT or other health related field, OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required PLUS 1-5 years relevant experience.
- Current AED and CPR certification required
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus
- Credentials as an LPN or RN or other recognized certifications are a plus
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.