Peco Foods is searching for a Medical team member for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
Perform various administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Must be able to execute duties assigned by supervisor including but not limited to: maintain thorough and accurate recordkeeping in injury/illness; understand recordability and possess strong foundational knowledge of OSHA, and report and log any recordable injuries with OSHA.
- Complete and maintain accurate records associated with workman’s compensation claims; manage the filing of all employee health records and follow HIPAA.
- Treat all injured and ill employees with compassion and prompt treatment.
- Maintain employee files.
- Stock supplies and clean Medical Department.
- Maintain and service equipment to include but not limited to: AED, medication dispensers, wax machines.
- Audit/tour production areas as time allows.
- Assist Medical Supervisor with work-related appointments, overall medical management, and emergency care.
- Complete pre-employment medical reviews.
- Administer drug and alcohol testing in alignment with the Drug & Alcohol Prevention Policy.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members, supervisors, managers, and visitors. Effectively identify who/what/when for proper protocol in communicating medical events.
- Must be able to work efficiently despite frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and follow through with all tasks.
- Must proactively seek the opportunity to help fellow team members, as well as opportunities to improve processes.
- Must embody the Peco-Pocahontas values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, and Honesty.
- Must be dependable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must have good medical knowledge at proper level of licensure and maintain as required. LPN or EMT required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in a medical office unsupervised throughout shift.
- Must be able to work day shift Thursday-Saturday 8am-8pm and flex schedule as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The Company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.