Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at our plant in West Point, MS.
This position is responsible for managing day to day operations of a fast-paced food production facility ensuring minimal downtime of machinery and equipment and its associated processes.
Essential Functions of Position:
(these functions are critical/fundamental to the job; some of the bullets may need to be moved to the nonessential functions bullet or deleted)
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures with regards to safety, quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and all plant specific procedures and rules.
- Maintain and be accountable for down time in the processing plant and all other facility departments.
- Schedule and oversee weekend preventive maintenance work for the facility.
- Oversee special maintenance projects to occur in the facility.
- Responsible for facility needs/projects in the processing departments.
- Perform various special tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Responsible for completing reports and other paperwork as assigned including but not limited to: attendance and payroll reporting, vacation requests, and disciplinary actions.
- Physically inspect products for naturally occurring defects and processing defects.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management. Situations include but are not limited to product tampering, unauthorized employees in restricted areas, equipment malfunction, and any other situation that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Work at a safe pace necessary to maintain efficient production at all times.
- Know and understand specifications and/or requirements for each product.
- Become familiar and maintain compliance with all applicable departmental and facility job hazard analysis (JHA) and job safety analysis (JSA).
- 1-3 years leadership experience; industrial maintenance supervisory experience preferred.
- Must able to communicate effectively with management and non-management employees.
- Must be able to multi task and prioritize.
- Competent in using a computer and programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Experienced in industrial electrical and motors, hydraulics, conveyor systems, welding, PLC’s, and troubleshooting required.
- Experience working with refrigeration and associated components preferred.
- Experience with Lock Out and Tag Out (LOTO) programs preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to move (bending, stooping, climbing steps) within the department and stand up to 100% of the scheduled shift.
- Must be able to lift various weights on a needed basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the Company as well as any that may be facility specific.
- Work Environment:
- Manufacturing environment with the extreme temperature changes.
- Position Type and Hours:
- Full time. Hours are dictated by the Company based on production and staffing needs and may be modified at any time. Regular attendance is expected and required and employees must adhere to the Company attendance policy.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise hourly maintenance team members within the department.
- Less than 10%. Occasional overnight travel could be required for training purposes.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidates work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
West Point, MS