Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at our at our location in Sebastopol, MS.
Supervises the maintenance and adjustment of all equipment in the Processing Plant to maximize production and minimize down time; may perform some maintenance as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for on time production start up of assigned shift. Checks machinery for proper performance. Assigns Maintenance employees to production line jobs when needed.
- Supervises hourly mechanics.
- Issues work orders to all Maintenance Department personnel of assigned shift.
- Monitors employee performance.
- Has hiring and firing authority.
- Does a daily staffing report.
- Does a daily attendance report and turns it in to Payroll.
- Directs the activities of hourly Maintenance employees.
- Works with all production personnel on equipment and production flow issues. Monitors down time and chain speed.
- Enforces safety rules; identifies and corrects safety hazards. Holds safety meetings with employees. Trains employees on safe job procedures. Investigates accidents and takes corrective action to prevent reoccurrences.
- Coordinates all maintenance activities with department to ensure all production and quality goals are met and to solve production and personnel problems.
- Other jobs or duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager.
Works under general supervision of Maintenance Manager. Directly supervises all hourly Maintenance mechanics on assigned shift.
Three to five years’ supervisory experience in poultry Processing Plant maintenance. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to use various computer applications.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have ability to work under pressure. Must be able to maintain good working relationships with all department supervisors. Must be able to work long hours and over five days a week. Must be capable of going to any area in the Processing Plant. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.