Peco Foods is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Directly supervise the hourly maintenance staff.
- Verify weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department.
- Maintain & be accountable for down time in the processing plant from the live shed to the shipping dock.
- Oversee special maintenance projects that occur in the plant.
- Responsible for facility needs/projects at the processing complex.
- Schedule and oversee weekend maintenance preventive maintenance work for the plant.
- Perform various special tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Comply with all written corporate and plant policies.
- Ensure plant compliance in food safety and assist in the upkeep of the complex grounds.
- Comply with all written corporate safety and plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specification for packaging and labeling of products.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to the plant manager. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Working in a wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- 1-3 years leadership experience; industrial maintenance supervisory experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative & effective problem-solving skills, and basic knowledge of computers & related software.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidate’s work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.