Peco is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor on Night Shift at our live operations plant in Pocahontas, AR.
Maintenance Supervisor for 1st & 2nd Processing on day shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise assigned hourly maintenance staff.
- Verify daily & weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department.
- Maintain & be accountable for downtime in the processing plant from the live shed to the shipping dock.
- Oversee special maintenance projects that occur in the plant.
- Responsible for facility needs/projects at the processing complex.
- Schedule & oversee weekend maintenance preventive maintenance work for the plant.
- Perform various special tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Know & comply with all written Corporate safety & plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specification for packaging & labeling of products.
- Identify & report any suspicious or abnormal situation to the plant manager. Abnormal situations would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years leadership experience; industrial maintenance supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task & set priorities.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative & effective problem-solving skills, & basic knowledge of computers & related software.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills & attitude.
- Must be able to stand & walk for long periods of time.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, & climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.