Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor on Day Shift at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all maintenance and repair activities in their assigned area during the day shift. He/she will ensure safety and high equipment uptime working through a skilled set of maintenance craftspeople and maintenance lead people. He/she will coordinate closely with the area Maintenance Superintendent and area Operations leaders to identify and resolve equipment performance, reliability and safety issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership and supervision of all members of the maintenance organization in their assigned area (par fry & freezers or packaging) during the day shift.
- Responsible to ensure safe work practices are being utilized at all times by their direct reports and other members of the maintenance department.
- Responsible for maximizing machine uptime on all production equipment in their area.
- Work closely with production management to schedule maintenance activities based on equipment, manpower, and spare parts availability.
- Assist in locating and/or purchasing materials required to complete maintenance activities.
- Ensure completion of proactive and predictive maintenance activities in your area.
- Provide leadership for all crafts in your assigned area on night shift including millwrights, electricians, automation technicians and refrigeration technicians.
- Ensure maintenance technicians complete all required skills and safety training.
- Perform environmental compliance tasks as required.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Sustain the morale and motivation of maintenance personnel and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the location’s screening and hiring of maintenance personnel, and the on-boarding, training, equipping and motivating of the maintenance team.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1-3 years leadership experience; industrial maintenance supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task & set priorities.
- Oversee third party contracted services and various subcontracts as required.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and human resource skills.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and thorough desire for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Must be able to stand & walk for long periods of time.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, & climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.