Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent at our plant in West Point, MS.
Maintenance Superintendents are responsible for managing the day to day operations of the facility ensuring minimal downtime, planning and coordinating special projects, and supervision of Maintenance Supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete special organizational projects on an as needed basis.
- Schedule and oversee preventative maintenance programs.
- Must be able to set up, troubleshoot, overhaul, and maintain and perform preventive maintenance on machinery including but not limited to electric motors, PLC’s and electrical systems, conveyor systems, pneumatics, and hydraulic systems.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Lockout and Tagout programs.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers and be able to complete maintenance reporting as necessary.
- Basic welding and metal fabrication preferred.
- Familiarity with and/or experience working around refrigeration systems preferred.
- Must be able to wear all assigned personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hair restraints, hearing protection, eye protection, hard hats, and SCBA respirators.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official where product tampering/adulteration could be taking place or any action that could put product wholesomeness at stake.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in industrial maintenance, preferably in the poultry industry.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Superior teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move throughout the facility including but not limited to bending, stooping, climbing, lifting of various weights and standing/walking up to 100% of the shift.
- Working regularly within a manufacturing environment with moving machinery that is wet, noisy, and with extreme temperature changes.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS