Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent – Packaging/Controls at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Maintenance Superintendent oversees all maintenance and repair activities for the packaging and palletizing departments at the West Point facility. He/she will also have controls and automation responsibilities for the entire site. He/she will ensure safety and high equipment uptime working through a skilled set of maintenance supervisors and maintenance lead people. He/she will coordinate closely with night shift Operations leaders to identify and resolve equipment performance and reliability issues. The position has two maintenance supervisor direct reports, and directly supervises the Automation technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience to include at least five (5) years of maintenance / engineering experience.
- Strong technical skills & experience in controls, automation and robotics.
- Effective management and leadership skills and working knowledge of organization, financial, and administrative principles.
- Effective communication and human resource skills.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and thorough desire for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.