Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent on all shifts at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Maintenance Superintendent oversees all maintenance and repair activities at the West Point facility during the night shift. He/she will ensure safety and high equipment uptime working through a skilled set of maintenance supervisor and maintenance lead people. He/she will coordinate closely with night shift Operations leaders to identify and resolve equipment performance and reliability issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership and supervision of all members of the maintenance organization during the night shift.
- Responsible to ensure safe work practices are being utilized at all times by the members of the maintenance department.
- Responsible for maximizing machine uptime on all production equipment.
- Through maintenance supervisors, work closely with production management to schedule maintenance activities based on equipment, manpower, and spare parts availability.
- Assist in locating and purchasing materials required to complete maintenance activities.
- Ensure completion of proactive and predictive maintenance activities such as infrared, vibration, and oil analysis.
- Provide leadership for all crafts at the site on night shift including millwrights, electricians, automation technicians and refrigeration technicians.
- Ensure maintenance technicians complete all required skills and safety training.
- Perform environmental compliance tasks as required.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Maintenance Manager.
- Sustain the morale and motivation of maintenance personnel and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the location’s screening and hiring of maintenance personnel, and the on-boarding, training, equipping and motivating of the maintenance team.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience to include at least five (5) years of maintenance / engineering experience.
- Effective management and leadership skills and working knowledge of organization, financial, and administrative principles.
- Oversee third party contracted services and various subcontracts as required.
- Effective communication and human resource skills.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and thorough desire for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.