Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Manager at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Maintenance Manager oversees the maintenance and repair of the West Point Facility and all related facilities and equipment. The incumbent manages the implementation of the plant’s maintenance and reliability programs. He/she identifies those items which need improvement and works with the plant operating staff to ensure plant facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and efficient operating condition at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership and supervision of all members of the maintenance organization.
- Responsible to ensure safe work practices are being utilized at all times by the members of the maintenance department.
- Responsible to develop and achieve the maintenance annual budget.
- Responsible for maximizing machine uptime on all production equipment.
- Through maintenance superintendents and supervisors, work closely with production management to schedule maintenance activities based on equipment, manpower, and spare parts availability.
- Use a data driven approach to continuous improvement.
- Assist in locating and purchasing materials required to complete maintenance activities.
- Ensure that an appropriate inventory of spare parts is maintained.
- Implement a proactive approach to maintenance including predictive maintenance activities such as infrared, vibration, and oil analysis.
- Provide leadership for all crafts at the site including millwrights, electricians, automation technicians and refrigeration technicians.
- Ensure all technical materials and training is available as required to support the maintenance technicians.
- Perform environmental compliance tasks as required.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Plant Manager.
- Sustain the morale and motivation of maintenance personnel and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Coordinating with the location’s screening and hiring of maintenance personnel, and the on-boarding, training, equipping and motivating of the maintenance team.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of management experience to include at least seven (7) years of maintenance / engineering experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems, including BOMs, routings, capacity, work orders, inventory control, and shop floor control.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements for plant operation and environmental monitoring.
- Effective management and leadership skills and working knowledge of organization, financial, and administrative principles.
- Capability to coordinate third party contracted services and various subcontracts.
- Effective communication and human resource skills.
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting and operations planning. Working knowledge of planning and scheduling processes, computerized maintenance management systems and related maintenance recordkeeping.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and thorough desire for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Working in a cold/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.