Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking an Evening Shift IQF Supervisor for our processing plant in Bay Springs, MS.
- Supervises the work of all hourly employees in assigned department.
- Trains, assigns duties, conducts performance reviews, terminates, communicates policies and other work related matters and motivates employees.
- Reports machinery malfunctions to the maintenance department.
- Supervises housekeeping of the department.
- Responsible for the safety, ergonomics, and job training of all employees directly under his/her supervision. Must insure that proper protective equipment (PPE) is provided as well as the safe operation of any equipment.
- Implements, monitors and maintains the 30-point Ergonomic Program as well as other safety programs, practices, or policies.
- Responsible for department efficiency, cost and quality of departmental goals.
- Be able to review financials and performance. Develop and implement action plans to address departmental efficiencies during monthly meetings.
- Performs other supervisory duties as needed or assigned.
- Duties performed under general direction with leeway for initiative and variation on work program.
- Full first line supervisory responsibilities for department.
- One to three years’ poultry plant process experience desired.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory skills.
- Supervise in a way that is consistent with PECO Mission Statement.
- Good oral and written skills needed.
High school graduate or equivalent.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs., bend and climb.
- Must have the ability to think analytically and get along with others in a team situation.
- May be required to work in a hot, cold, dusty and wet environment.
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours per day.
Bay Springs, MS