Peco Foods is searching for an Information Technology (IT) Technician for our facility in Pocahontas, Arkansas.
- Install and/or replace new personal computers.
- Set up Peco, Microsoft Office, and other applications.
- Install and/or replace printers.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft platforms to include: Office 2013 (all levels, Home & Business, Professional) to current version; Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- Share desktop printers with others in an office environment.
- Connect network printers to users’ personal computers.
- Troubleshoot and correct personal computer problems reported by users.
- Communicate computer equipment changes to the IT Support Specialist.
- Ability to replace computer parts to include: disk drives, DVD/CD drives, power supplies, monitors, maintenance kits for printers, phone sets.
- Interact with hardware support vendors to facilitate repair of computers still under factory warranty.
- Travel to Peco facilities within their scope of responsibility, and at times may have to travel to facilities outside of their scope.
- Must have a good understanding of network concepts and terms.
- Must be willing to take support calls after normal business hours.
- Must have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Learn and exhibit the Peco-Pocahontas values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, and Honesty.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Primarily working in an office environment, but may be required to work in a warm/wet/damp environment and/or a cold room temperature environment.
- Standing/walking 100% of the workday, as well as sitting for long periods of time.
- Lifting various computer-related equipment.
- Able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer and network knowledge as described above.
This is an hourly/clerical position. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to be do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.