Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Supervisor at our at our location in Sebastopol, MS.
Work with Human Resources Manager and staff members in order to meet operational objectives of the Human Resources Department including providing guidance, direction, and audits to ensure compliance within all areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Advise and participate with managers to discipline employees, including suspension and discharge.
- Responsible for Human Resources interpretations. This may involve guidance and direction related to Human Resources “best practices” concerning employee relations.
- Counsel employees per the attendance program guidelines.
- Respond to all claims for unemployment compensation.
- Assist HR Manager with recruiting.
- Work with Benefits Coordinator on benefits sign ups including 401(k) and during open enrollment.
- Maintain a status of awareness of all current OSHA, Immigration, Labor Law and other related regulations with employees, supervisors, managers, and corporate personnel. Conduct/assist in any inspections from compliance officers or regulatory personnel.
- Review and conduct investigations.
- Coordinate and revise job description and organizational charts.
- Serve in the Employee/Community Relations Committee.
- Could be responsible for in-house training.
- Document all activities in writing with photographs and video when needed.
- Provide assistance and direction in emergency situations, evacuations, drills, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Receives general supervision from Complex Human Resource Manager, handles most routine and non-routine situations independently. Supervise three (3) HR Clerks. Gives advice to members of the Medical department and Benefits Coordinator in the absence of the HR Manager.
Prefer Human Resource and benefits exposure. Computer skills required. Minimum two years poultry experience required. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
High School diploma, some college preferred. Experience in safety, engineering, or related fields.
Requires the ability to work independently, handle differing situations and use good judgment. Requires the ability to handle confidential information and work in a hectic, busy office environment. Must be able to work/reach any area of the complex to investigate emergencies, accidents, etc. Requires the ability to make decisions and remain calm under high stress situations. Needs to be able to communicate with all levels of management as well as OSHA and other enforcement agencies as needed.