Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Retention Supervisor at our plant in West Point, MS.
Responsible for implementation of varied people processes, initiatives and tasks to help employees assimilate into Peco’s culture. Retention supervisor reports to Human Resources Director and supports the Operations Teams often during late or irregular shifts.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of all state and federal employment laws. Have a working knowledge of all government agencies/programs including but not limited to: OSHA, EEOC, USCIS, FLSA, I-9’s E-verify, ICE, DHS, and OFCCP as it relates to the hiring process.
- Understand location staffing needs and coordinate hiring process with operations departments and facility functions.
- Oversees recruiting, screening, and hiring of hourly and clerical/administrative job openings.
- As primary point of contact between hourly new hires and operations leadership, acts as liaison to ensure clear understanding of role expectations, while assisting with building/maintaining positive TM relationships communicating TM concerns and needs.
- Manage and oversee all retention – related activity from employee surveys, employee drawings, and benefit education to exit interviews, retention meetings, engagement surveys and supervisor training focal points for maximizing retention to identifying how to better recruit the ones that seem to stay by tracking intake data, etc.
- Help maintain Applicant flow log.
- In support of Peco Corporate identification and oversight of recruiting events including job fairs, available to facilitate and participate events in communities surrounding West Point facility.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all hourly and salaried employee benefits.
- Performs various retention and recruiting related special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager or Human Resources Director.
- Maintain a positive and efficient business relationship with all vendors, contract and/or agency partners.
- Previous human resources experience, manufacturing experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Requires prolonged periods sitting and working on a computer.
- Requires prolonged periods of travelling and driving to job fairs, etc.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must have ability to bend, stoop, and climb steps and comfort in organic conditions.
- Physically fit to visit all areas of plant.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good interaction skills with plant management, employees, and USDA personnel.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate USDA and company standards a must.
West Point, MS