Peco is searching for a Retention Supervisor for our processing plant in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Supporting responsibility for leading retention initiatives for the Tuscaloosa Processing Plant. Communicating and fostering the vision and culture for Peco Foods, Inc. in a way that leads to better overall team member satisfaction. Implements processes that help employees assimilate into Peco’s culture. Works under the direction of the Human Resources Manager and supports the operations team often during late and irregular shifts.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Directly supervises clerical / administrative recruiters and orientation specialists [Team Members (TM)] on all shifts to support operations retention efforts.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of all state and federal employment laws. Have a strong working knowledge of all government agencies/programs including but not limited to: OSHA, EEOC, USCIS, FLSA, I-9’s E-verify, ICE, DHS, and OFCCP as it relates to the hiring process.
- Understand location staffing needs and coordinate hiring process with operations departments and facility functions.
- Oversees recruiting, screening, and hiring of all hourly and clerical/administrative job openings.
- As primary point of contact between Peco and Temporary / Contract staffing Agencies, acts as liaison to ensure clear understanding of staffing needs and expectations of management group while assisting the agencies in communicating concerns related to employee complaints.
- Manage and oversee all retention – related activity from employee surveys, employee drawings, and benefit education to exit interviews, retention meetings, engagement surveys and supervisor training focal points for maximizing retention to identifying how to better recruit the ones that seem to stay by tracking intake data, etc.
- Help maintain Applicant flow log.
- Organize and attend weekly job fairs in communities surrounding Tuscaloosa facility.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all hourly and salaried employee benefits.
- Performs various retention and recruiting related special projects as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain a positive and efficient business relationship with all vendors, contract or agency partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires prolonged periods sitting and working on a computer.
- Requires prolonged periods of travelling and driving to job fairs, etc.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must have ability to bend, stoop, and climb steps and comfort in organic conditions.
- Physically fit to visit all areas of plant.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good interaction skills with plant management, employees, and USDA personnel.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate USDA and company standards a must.
- Must be able to withstand hot, cold and wet environments
Position Type and Hours:
- Regular work-site attendance
- Full-time position/Dayshift
- May require off-shift and weekend work
Qualifications for Position:
- Previous experience in Management or Supervisory duties preferred
- At least five years of experience in related area as an individual contributor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Valid unexpired Driver’s License
- High level of organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Effectively able to Strong multi-task and prioritize work accordingly
- Effective able to manage conflict
- Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus
- This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.