Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Manager at our plant in West Point, MS.
Manages the People Function for a location that aligns with the organization and location goals. Responsible for leading HR Team, while providing the example of safety priority for the HR Team and entire location; sets as an expectation for all Team Members. Maintains compliance with all state, federal and company requirements and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs/Responsible for the daily output and results of the location HR Team.
- Designs, plans and implements human resources programs and policies for staffing, immigration, employee relations, and training.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of all state and federal employment laws.
- Understand location staffing needs. Oversees hiring process with HR, operations departments and facility functions.
- Evaluates effectiveness of hiring and other HR processes. Brings strategy to impact hiring and other location needs.
- Assists in recruiting, screening, and hiring all hourly and clerical/administrative job openings.
- Ensures maintenance of Applicant Flow log and AAP/EEO1 submissions.
- Participates in SWA, BRC to provide insights on Team Member processes and their relation to the audit information.
- Ensures individual and Team awareness and compliance with all corporate and plant policies/practices.
- Ensures project/department milestones and goals are met while adhering to budget.
- Leads investigation of TM complaints and issues that relate to harassment, workplace violence and any job-related issues or concerns.
- Actively participates in retention plans and actions. Facilitates TM roundtables.
- Evaluates Key Metrics to safeguard effective/efficient processes/workflows with in the HR Team.
- Have a strong working knowledge of all government agencies/programs including but not limited to: OSHA, DEQ, EEOC, USCIS, FLSA, I-9’s E-verify, ICE, DHS, and OFCCP.
- Assist in implementation of all plant safety programs.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all hourly and salaried employee benefits.
- Performs various special projects as assigned by Director of Human Resources, the Plant Manager, and Human Resources Manager.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to the Human Resources Manager.
- Observant of drug/alcohol policy on company property or while using company equipment.
- Conducts all responsibilities in a manner that aligns with Peco’s vision, mission and core values.
- Maintain a positive and efficient business relationship with all levels of Peco Leadership, Peco Team Members, vendors, contract or agency partners.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable government agencies and regulations.
- Drive Team Member Development and Training for the location.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous human resources experience, manufacturing experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Previous experience in Management or Supervisory duties preferred.
- At least five years of experience in related area as an individual contributor. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong communication and Engagement Skills.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Requires prolonged periods sitting and working on a computer. Frequently required to stand. Repetitive use of hands. Must have ability to bend, stoop, and climb steps and comfort in organic conditions.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.