Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Manager for our plant is West Point, MS.
Responsible for supervising HR Staff, working safely, upholding all state, federal and company requirements.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Direct supervisor of Human Resources staff.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all state and federal employment laws.
- Verify weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, and hiring all clerical and hourly/salary job openings.
- Ensure compliance with all written corporate and plant policies.
- Serve as a neutral third party moderator on all work-related employee conflicts.
- Investigate all employee complaints and issues in relation to harassment, workplace violence and general job-related issues.
- Policy administrator for all company rules and regulations to employees.
- Ensure compliance with all government agencies/programs including but not limited to: OSHA, DEQ, EEOC, USCIS, FLSA, I-9’s E-verify, ICE, and OFCCP.
- Responsible for all plant safety programs and managing workers’ compensation claims and cases.
- Have a strong working knowledge and understanding of all hourly, clerical, and salaried employee benefits.
- Performs various special projects as assigned by Corporate Director of Human Resources, the Plant Manager, and Live Operations Manager.
- Serve on the plant’s Safety Team.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to the Corporate Director of HR.
- Abnormal situation would include but not be limited to:
- Falsification of company records.
- Any acts of workplace violence between employees.
- Use of drugs or alcohol on the company property.
- Working in a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
West Point, MS
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.