Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking Human Resources Clerk for both 1st and 2nd shifts at our plant in West Point, MS.
Provide clerical support to Human Resources department and maintain HR records for all shift employees; interface with plant employees on HR-related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, sort and track applications on designated log.
- Schedule applicants for pre-employment drug screens.
- Assist new hires with the completion of new hire paperwork.
- Set up and maintain files on employees.
- Assists with the I-9 process.
- Maintains attendance records daily.
- Documents LOAs daily.
- Assist employees with personal information changes such as W-4s, addresses, etc.
- Answer telephone and record absentee call-ins and notify supervisors.
- Take pictures for ID cards.
- Pulls terminated files.
- Should have a good working relationship with supervisors.
- Prepares and updates information on bulletin boards throughout the facility for communication purposes.
- Fosters a workplace environment consistent with the Purpose and Values outlined by the leadership of company.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, some college or HR related experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Meat processing industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
West Point, MS