Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Human Resource Clerk at our at our location in Sebastopol, MS.
The Human Resource Clerk will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and Team Members relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate level HR Team or Operations Management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with benefit and payroll functions including processing/submission, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Produces ID badges for new and existing Team Members.
- Conducts or assists with hourly interviews and new hire scheduling, processing and orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree in related field helpful.
- Prior related office management experience preferred.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities successfully.
- Enjoy working with high performing team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully utilize and manage confidential information.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to negotiate stairs and walk long distances.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)