Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Health/Safety Supervisor on Night Shift at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Health/Safety Supervisor will report to the EHS Manager and will assist in maintaining the Plant's safety programs and improving overall workforce safety awareness. This is a floor-oriented position that will have continuous daily contact with Team Members as well as members of management to understand and react to issues on the floor.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Evaluate and maintain site compliance with all OSHA, EPA, local state, federal, and corporate guidelines
- Provide on-site first aid and CPR, coordinate doctor visits, workers compensation claims, and return to work program
- Implement accident reporting, injury investigation, safety awareness training and OSHA compliance programs.
- Advise management, operations, and maintenance teams as required to assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate rules and regulations pertaining to employee health and safety
- Train and mentor other Team Members
- Maintain Team Member health records, such as hearing results, fit testing, pulmonary function testing and injury reports as required by local, state and federal regulations
- Assist in performing drug and alcohol testing as required by Peco policies
- Assist in reporting workers’ compensation injuries and illnesses to Peco’s third party administrator
- Accompany injured team members to doctors’ appointments when necessary
- Assist in coordination of compliance with workplace health policies and procedures by assisting in scheduling hearing vans, fit testing, pulmonary function testing, etc.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Walk inside and outside of the facility often.
- Required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, twist and walk for long periods of time
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to withstand hot, cold and wet environments
- Position Type and Hours:
- Full-time position
- This is an “night shift” position with hours to be determined
- Could at times include weekend work
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
Qualifications for Position:
- Skills and Abilities:
- High level of organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Effectively able to Strong multi-task and prioritize work accordingly
- Effective ability to manage conflict
- Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety
- Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or certifications in health and safety, OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required PLUS 5 years relevant safety experience,
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus
- Credentials as an SMS, OHST or STS
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.