Peco is searching for a HACCP Coordinator at our plant in West Point, MS.
The HACCP Coordinator will provide assistance to the plant in meeting HACCP and SSOP regulations as well as assisting with other miscellaneous Quality Assurance functions. The individual will receive infrequent instructions and work independently, referring non-routine situations to the FSQA manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily aspects of HACCP program enforcement as well as modifications/revisions that become necessary. Utilize aggressive approach to continuously improve HACCP plans with changing technology or regulatory environment.
- Responsible for assisting with maintenance of the plant’s Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures program, working closely with Production and Sanitation employees to assure compliance.
- Coordinate company response and follow-up on USDA regulatory communication with USDA IIC and/or other inspection personnel.
- Assist QA Manager with implementation, enforcement and verification of the company’s Good Manufacturing Practices program for live production.
- Organize and lead weekly ______.
- Performs tests according to standards, which include but not limit to pathogen identification, bacterial quantification, sample collection, fat rancidity tests and shelf-life studies.
- Assists lab technician and QA Manager in developing microbiological standards and determine causes and corrective actions for deviations from standards.
- Performs all supervisory duties including assisting the QA Manager in recruiting, hiring, educating, motivating, and evaluating QA technicians.
- Assists in response to customer complaints regarding microbiological weaknesses.
- Assists lab manager in developing an efficient lab budge.
- Substitutes for absences of technicians when necessary, in order to complete priority projects.
- Assist technicians in assorted projects beyond routine tests, including but not limited to: research product development, consultation visits to plant facilities, continuing education courses, plan personnel education programs, performing special tests/reports, and attending meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS degree in Biological Sciences, Food Technology, Poultry Sciences or closely related field.
- One to three years of experience in microbiology lab.
- Quality assurance experience in poultry processing plant preferred.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative and effective problem-solving skills, basic knowledge of computers and related software.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, work under pressure, sand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to make an independent judgment in routine tests.
- Tests often require exposure to cold and damp environments.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.