Peco is searching for a HACCP Coordinator for our processing plant in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Responsible for maintaining the HACCP program. Daily review of all HACCP and SSOP paperwork. Supports the Quality Assurance Department on a day-by-day basis. Prepares related reports and recommends solutions. Trains and evaluates QA staff and production staff. Promotes an understanding of quality standards with plant employees.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for the daily aspects of HACCP program enforcement as well as modifications / revisions that become necessary. Utilize aggressive approach to continuously improve HACCP plans with changing technology or regulatory environment. Daily review of all HACCP and SSOP paperwork.
- Preparation and submission of all NR answers and appeals.
- Tracking and trending of necessary plant items per occurrence. Associated root cause analysis and reporting associated with these reports.
- Supplier approval program maintenance.
- Recording and documenting of HACCP Reassessments and SSOP reevaluations.
- Correlations weekly between plant’s HACCP monitoring personnel and management.
- Assist in the development and Coordination of annual training to key staff for HACCP and Food Safety.
- Verification of Labels and Label changes.
- Updating and modification of plant’s Flow charts.
- Assist in aseptic sample collection, microbial test analysis and samples of products for current or potential customers.
- Understand and communicate to production employees/management all product standards and necessary responses to deviations from standards.
- Assist the QA manager in developing and implementing product specification standards, test, and sampling procedures in the plant.
- Assist in QA projects as needed including setting up, carrying out, and reporting results in a clear, concise manner.
- Produces daily and/or weekly reports defining plant product quality and areas for improvement.
- Look beyond routine QA checks and evaluate long term needs on items that impact product quality standards with plant needs and suggest ideas for corrective action.
- Promotes understanding of quality standards with plant employees.
- Assists QA Manager in hiring, training, evaluating, terminating, and motivating of the QA staff as called upon.
- Assists department in staffing shortages, including inspector’s and QA Manager’s responsibilities as called upon.
- Actively supports and implements all Peco Foods Inc. HACCP, GMP, SSOP, Maintenance and pre-requisite programs.
- Substitutes for absences of technicians, when necessary, in order to complete priority projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises QA Technicians on a daily basis.
- Receives guidance as needed from QA Manager.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- One to three years of experience preferred in Quality Assurance in poultry processing plant.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory skills.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative and effective problem – solving skills, basic knowledge of computers and related software.
Advanced degree preferred (B.S. Poultry or Food Science or related field) or minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in poultry or related field.
- Physically fit to visit all areas of plant.
- Requires standing, stooping, twisting, climbing, bending abilities and lifting of 50 or more pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good interaction skills with plant management, employees, and USDA personnel.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate USDA and company standards a must.