Peco is searching for a HACCP Coordinator for our processing plant in Bay Springs, MS.
Responsible for maintaining the HACCP program. Daily review of all HACCP and SSOP paperwork. Supports the Quality Assurance Department on a day-by-day basis. Prepares related reports and recommends solutions. Trains and evaluates QA staff and production staff. Promotes an understanding of quality standards with plant employees.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Responsible for the daily aspects of HACCP program enforcement as well as modifications / revisions that become necessary. Utilize aggressive approach to continuously improve HACCP plans with changing technology or regulatory environment. Daily review of all HACCP and SSOP paperwork.
- Preparation and submission of all NR answers and appeals.
- Tracking and trending of necessary plant items per occurrence. Associated root cause analysis and reporting associated with these reports.
- Supplier approval program maintenance.
- Recording and documenting of HACCP Reassessments and SSOP reevaluations.
- Correlations weekly between plant’s HACCP monitoring personnel and management.
- Assist in the development and Coordination of annual training to key staff for HACCP and Food Safety.
- Verification of Labels and Label changes.
- Updating and modification of plant’s Flow charts.
- Assist in aseptic sample collection, microbial test analysis and samples of products for current or potential customers.
- Understand and communicate to production employees/management all product standards and necessary responses to deviations from standards.
- Assist the QA manager in developing and implementing product specification standards, test, and sampling procedures in the plant.
- Assist in QA projects as needed including setting up, carrying out, and reporting results in a clear, concise manner.
- Produces daily and/or weekly reports defining plant product quality and areas for improvement.
- Look beyond routine QA checks and evaluate long term needs on items that impact product quality standards with plant needs and suggest ideas for corrective action.
- Promotes understanding of quality standards with plant employees.
- Assists QA Manager in hiring, training, evaluating, terminating, and motivating of the QA staff as called upon.
- Assists department in staffing shortages, including inspector’s and QA Manager’s responsibilities as called upon.
- Actively supports and implements all Peco Foods Inc. HACCP, GMP, SSOP, Maintenance and pre-requisite programs.
- Substitutes for absences of technicians, when necessary, in order to complete priority projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises QA Technicians on a daily basis.
- Receives guidance as needed from QA Manager.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- One to three years experience preferred in Quality Assurance in poultry processing plant.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory skills.
- Must demonstrate successful supervisory skills, writing skills, creative and effective problem solving skills, basic knowledge of computers and related software.
Advanced degree preferred (B.S. Poultry or Food Science or related field) or minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in poultry or related field.
- Physically fit to visit all areas of plant.
- Requires standing, stooping, twisting, climbing, bending abilities and lifting of 50 or more pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good interaction skills with plant management, employees, and USDA personnel.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate USDA and company standards a must.
Bay Springs, MS