Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking General Production team members at our plant in West Point, MS.
General production positions are responsible for ensuring wholesome poultry products are being produced in a safe and efficient manner and to our customer’s specifications and expectations.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures with regards to safety, quality assurance, and all plant specific procedures and rules.
- Physically inspect products for naturally occurring defects and processing defects.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management. Situations include but are not limited to product tampering, unauthorized employees in restricted areas, equipment malfunction, and any other situation that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Work at a safe pace necessary to maintain efficient production at all times.
- Know and understand specifications and/or requirements for each product.
- Become familiar and maintain compliance with all applicable departmental and facility job hazard analysis (JHA) and job safety analysis (JSA).
- Physical Demands:
- Must be able to move (bending, stooping, climbing steps) within the department and stand up to 100% of the scheduled shift.
- Demands also include but are not limited to: gripping and repetitive use of hands.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the Company as well as any that may be facility specific.
- The ability to lift and/or maneuver material up to 50 lbs. (select positions)
- Work Environment:
- Manufacturing environment with the potential to be exposed to various temperatures and extreme temperature changes.
- Position Type and Hours:
- Full time. Hours are dictated by the Company based on production and staffing needs and may be modified at any time. Regular attendance is expected and required and employees must adhere to the Company attendance policy.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Less than 10%. Occasional overnight travel could be required for training purposes.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Weekly Pay
West Point, MS