Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a First Aid Clerk/LPN at our plant in West Point, MS.
Serves as the primary contact for medical management at the facility while providing clerical and administrative support to the Safety department and well as monitoring basic safety needs for the facility. This position requires strict adherence to HIPAA confidentiality rules and regulations and a strong working knowledge of LPN practices and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the safety office with ensuring all medical files are current and all safety supplies are ordered and stocked.
- Maintain thorough and accurate recordkeeping of injuries and illnesses.
- Understand recordability and possess a strong foundational knowledge of OSHA and assist with reporting and logging recordable injuries with OSHA.
- Complete and/or assist with completing of incident reports and all other safety reports as assigned.
- Complete and maintain accurate records associated with Workers Compensation claims.
- Ensure all injured and/or ill employees receive the care and prompt treatment required.
- Maintain and be responsible for any safety equipment used within the facility including but no limited to AED’s and all other associated equipment.
- CPR/AED/First Aid training required.
- Assist with employee communications and safety training as needed.
- Manage, maintain, arrange FIT Testing, Health Assessments, hearing testing and any other safety/medical programs.
- Fosters a workplace environment consistent with the Purpose and Values outlined by the leadership of company.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, some college or HR related experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment. Meat processing industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills to include Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer through out the designated shift and move throughout the facility as needed.
- Occasional lifting of boxes usually not exceeding over 50 lbs.
- Occasionally may be asked to move throughout the production floor with exposure to loud machinery, raw product, and extreme temperature changes.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
West Point, MS
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.