Peco Foods is searching for a Feed Mill Truck Driver on night shift for our feed mill in Pocahontas, AR.
Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives truck to destination.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck. Cleans compartment after unloading as necessary to avoid contamination.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs routine maintenance on vehicle, including but not limited to, daily pre and post trip inspections.
- Assist location and Feed Mill Operator with operational duties, as time allows, ensuring an efficient production schedule.
- Ensure trucks promote a positive image of Peco Foods, Inc. by keeping the interiors and exteriors clean as conditions allow.
- Maintain a valid Class A CDL Commercial Drivers License with proper endorsements and commercial insurability at all times. Valid DOT physical is also required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Meets commitments.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
No Computer skills needed.
Certificates and Licenses:
Maintain a valid Class-A CDL Commercial Drivers License with proper endorsements and commercial insurability at all times. Maintain current DOT physical.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.