Peco is searching for an EHS Coordinator on our 2nd modified shift at our plant in West Point, MS.
The EHS Specialist will report to the EHS Manager and will assist in maintaining the Plant's safety programs and improving overall workforce safety awareness to include planning, implementing, and coordinating programs to reduce or eliminate the following: occupational injuries and illnesses, violations of federal and state safety regulations; abuse of the workers compensation system; and financial losses from above. Also assist with development and coordination of training programs to improve the overall workforce safety awareness including new hire orientation and monthly safety training. This is a floor-oriented position that will have continuous daily contact with Team Members as well as members of management to understand and react to issues on the floor.
Essential Functions of Position
- Possess current knowledge of safety policies and regulations in order to be a resource to supervisors and managers on safety improvements and strategies;
- Assist EHS Manager and plant leadership team in building and reinforcing a safety culture moving toward zero incidents or injuries;
- Assist in compiling plant safety trend data to drive safety resource allocation and drive ergonomic initiatives to reduce injuries;
- Knowledgeable in job safety analysis (JHAs) to be a resource in developing and assisting in implementing JSA's;
- Participate in facility EHS audits and EHS inspections, document control, record keeping, participation in plant-wide process improvement projects;
- Develop health and safety programs to meet requirements of corporate and regulatory agencies;
- Consult with department supervisors to assess training needs and assist in developing programs to meet these needs;
- Assist in performing the required EHS training as outlined by the facility’s training calendar of events also assist in coaching the supervisors to continually improve the safety training of the teams;
- Identify and appraise conditions which could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluate potential injuries resulting from incidents;
- Administer incident investigation program so all incidents are reported, investigated and prompt corrective action is taken and substantiated;
- Coordinate activities of all employees to ensure implementation of safety policies/procedures throughout the organization;
- Serve as contact on work related incidents which may include basic First Aid
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Walk inside and outside of the facility often.
- Required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, twist and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to withstand hot, cold and wet environments
Position Type and Hours:
- Regular work-site attendance;
- Full-time position
- Off-shift and could at times include weekend work
Qualifications for Position
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character
- Effectively able to Strong multi-task and prioritize work accordingly
- Effective ability to manage conflict
- Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in science, engineering or related discipline, OR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required PLUS 1-5 years relevant safety experience,
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus
- Credentials as an OHST or ASP or other recognized certifications are a plus
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
West Point, MS