Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Distribution Center Manager at our plant in West Point, MS.
The Distribution Center Manager provides leadership and is responsible for the success of the site through achievement of service level, financial metrics, proper team management and employee morale. This position is also responsible for establishing a relationship with the servicing locations among other company partners. The role requires a dynamic individual that is people oriented and committed to managing by facts and data-driven decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient and effective distribution and warehousing of merchandise (Receiving, processing, storing/staging, shipping).
- Ensure customer orders are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all corporate, safety, security policies and procedures are in place and enforced.
- Deploy and execute strategy.
- Responsible for achievement of supply chain and fulfillment metrics for the site.
- Responsible for overall performance management and linking individual and team performance to supply chain and fulfillment goals.
- Responsible for talent management of team leaders to drive decision-making to front line and encourage innovative process improvements.
- Responsible for the oversight of succession planning and staff development; acquiring and developing talent in pursuit of achieving goals.
- Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance to Company Policy.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or equivalent in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics, or Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in Distribution management or related logistic role.
- Must be approachable and have employee relation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of driving for action and results.
- Possess excellent team building, training and facilitation skills.
- True team player with ability to influence and effectively lead diverse initiatives; coach, motivate and mentor.
- Analytical and innovative thinker with proven project management skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task projects and assignments to attain highest potential results.
- Committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and drive decision-making to appropriate positions.
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer through out the designated shift and move throughout the facility as needed.
- Ability to work in a cold internal environment.
- Working in an office environment with normal temperature ranges.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
West Point, MS