Peco has openings for (2) Debone Supervisors for our processing plant in Sebastopol, Mississippi.
Primarily responsible for assuring all procedures are followed in achieving the highest level of productivity in the most cost-efficient manner possible while still maintaining customer specifications. Direct a team of employees, ensuring compliance with all food safety programs, and enforcing Peco Foods’ policies. Responsible for employees’ performance, development, safety and work schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Train and provide an environment for employees to achieve maximum quality and productivity performance.
- Manage employee performance, providing positive and /or corrective feedback.
- Promote Safety throughout assigned work area.
- Ensure proper staffing before start-up of production line.
- Supervise, coach and train employees, providing professional development through on-going feedback concerning strengths and areas in need of improvement.
- Physically inspect product for both natural occurring and processing defects.
- Natural occurring defects would be but not limited to: deformity, bruising in excess, infection, discoloration, abscess.
- Processing defects would be but not limited to: FM, bones, extraneous material (to include fecal matter), feathers, broken/mis-cut, missed heads, torn, fat levels, etc.
- Ensure compliance with established food safety programs, including HACCP, SSOPs and GMPs.
- Optimize employee engagement through positive leadership.
- Maximize yields while minimizing down time, accidents and turnover.
- Be familiar with equipment used int the debone department.
- Encourage team building and provide positive encouragement to team members.
- Ensure a food safe and sanitary environment within specifications and USDA requirements.
- Establish and meet production schedules and efficiencies.
- Plan and implement process improvements.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to immediate supervisor or plant management official. Abnormal situations would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that my put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of poultry processing, food safety regulations, OSHA guidelines, GMPs and HACCP.
- Proficient knowledge of production processes, general line maintenance and staffing.
- Proficient in English language and written/oral skills.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- Proven team-building abilities.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to handle and resolve most issues independently.
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
- 20 -65 hourly production employees.
- This is a leadership position with required competencies: Delegation, Planning, Conflict Resolution.
- Prioritizing work task and managing time accordingly.
- Ability to work in a cold, damp, wet environment (should we note a temperature range?)
- Ability to stand/walk 100% of work day.
- Ability to be exposed to noise levels greater than 85 decibels.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift various weights as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs, frequently stoop, kneel, crawl and bend.
- Ability to work in an environment with strong, raw and foul odors.
- Bending, twisting, staking, pushing and standing for long periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend and off-shift work required.
No travel is expected for this position.
Minimum Education Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year experience in a similar environment.
- 1+ leadership and or supervisory experience of 20+ persons.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework completed in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years’ experience within food manufacturing industry.
- 3+ years’ supervisory and/or leadership experience of 20+ persons
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Peco Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, corporate employment decisions at Peco foods will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Peco Foods does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, gender (to include pregnancy), age, religion, national origin, disability, military status or any other status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Peco Foods will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities. This policy applies to all phases of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, upgrading, promoting, compensating, access to benefits, transferring, laying off, and terminating personnel, in all job classifications.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.