Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Corporate EHS Manager at our facility in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Under the direction of the Corporate Director EHS the Corporate EHS Manager position is responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of all EHS programs. The Corporate EHS Manager demonstrates exceptional technical/communication skills and has the ability to influence local leaders across all functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the development, deployment, and monitoring of all EHS programs, procedures, policies, and standards in a manner that ensures compliance to Federal, State, Local regulations, and align with Peco’s People First pledge.
- Monitor compliance of PSM/RPM programs and work with Corporate Environmental and PSM Manger to offer guidance to local facilities.
- Stimulate and cultivate “a zero-incident mentality”.
- Develop, implement, and manage facility Occupational Medical Clinic protocol and good case management practices.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all environmental reports (Air Emission Summary, TRI, Tier II, SWPPP, deviation reports, and waste disposal both hazardous and non-hazardous, etc).
- Develop, report, and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all performance and success measures such as TIR, LTIR and pertinent leading indicators.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs to the local Safety Leaders at the local level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Coach, train, guide and mentor local EHS teams to create a high performing department.
- Review accidents/incidents which occur and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Participate in and support detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Assist in the development of relevant EHS training.
- Work with team members and leadership to achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Travel to locations as required and perform any additional duties as needed.
- Conduct EHS audits and assessments of on-going operations to measure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform field safety observations during each visit.
- Provide EHS expertise and improve EHS awareness in locations organization-wide with all levels of team members so all have a thorough understanding of Peco Foods EHS Policy guidelines and objectives.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Corporate Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years in Safety, Risk Management, or Environmental Health.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing multi-sites.
- Ability to balance the big picture and strategic context with the attention to detail / operational mindset.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, PSM/RMP and other governmental agency standards.
Preferred Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Safety, Risk Management, or Environmental Health.
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP), Certified Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM).
- For the safety and wellbeing being of our Team Members and the amount of travel associated with this position, full Covid-19 vaccination at the time of hire is preferred.
- Food manufacturing experience.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, persuasion and presentation skills and be detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to resolve environmental, health and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels, as well as have the ability to engage, inspire, influence people.
- Expert presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point required.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.